Awards & Accolades
Aquila is recognized as a leader in the tourism industry, and over the years, we have been honored with a variety of awards and accolades, including:
- Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2007
- Excellence in Human Resource Development, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2005
- Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2005
- Outstanding Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Conseil économique du Nouveau-Brunswick, 2004
- Aboiteau Award for Innovation, Conseil économique du Nouveau-Brunswick, 2003
- Friend of the Industry Award, Hospitality Saint John, 2003
- Saint John Tour Guides Best in the World, Dream World Cruise Destination Magazine, nomination, 2003
- Tourism Operator of the Year Award, Hospitality Saint John, 2002
- Best Shore Excursion Award, Atlantic Canada Cruise Association, 2002
- Human Resources Development Award, Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick, 2001
- Rated among Atlantic Canada’s Fastest growing businesses, Atlantic Progress and New Brunswick Business magazines, 1999-2000
- Outstanding Business Achievement Award, Saint John Board of Trade, 1995
- Mary Morton Award, Ontario Motorcoach Association, 2006
- 25 People to Watch in Atlantic Canada, Progress Magazine, 2006
- Named Godmother and christened M.V. Acadian, Irving, 2005
- Pioneer Award, Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick, 2004
- Top 100 Most Powerful Women in Canada, Woman’s Executive Network and the Richard Ivey School of Business, 2003
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Finalist Atlantic Region, 2002
- Top 50 CEO in Atlantic Canada, Atlantic Business Magazine, 2002
- Women Entrepreneurship Award, Fundy Regional Development, 1991
Outstanding tour to St. Martins. Fay Neilson, our guide, was tremendous! Chowder is good, scenery is awesome (we saw a moose), local art is enticing. Bring a hand towel to wipe sandy feet, or beach shoes for walking on rocky beach. We had a great time and highly recommend. The bus ride to St. Martins is a major part of this tour, so small, toddler-aged children who might be impatient to move might not find this tour the best option for them. Everyone else will love it!
We recently took the Top 10 Tour with Paula as our guide. She was absolutely fantastic! She was energetic, informative, and organized. Best of all, she was so nice and really gave the impression she loves both her job and the Saint John area. She kept everything moving smoothly and filled all the bus riding time with tons of information about the area. We would highly recommend both the tour and especially Paula to anyone!
Jennifer Feehan Peabody
We took the Hopewell Rocks Tidal Discovery Tour led by Sue Crawford. We had no idea what a treat we were in for. The ride out to the rocks was over two hours, but the time flew by as Sue pointed out all of the highlights and history of the area. She was well informed, enthusiastic and engaging. We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with her. We were fortunate to arrive at the rocks at low tide and had an excellent experience as Ranger Rick explained the phenomena of the 40 foot rise and fall of the tide as well as what we were looking at on the ocean floor. This experience was by far the highlight of our vacation.
Prior to this tour, I already had high expectations of Aquila … I don’t know HOW you did it - but you DID IT! You exceeded even my high expectations! Bravo to the whole team! Many, many thanks to you and your company for this extraordinary adventure.
Rose Poirier, New Brunswick Museum
On a Saint John Tour Program Aquila delivered for the New Brunswick Museum