Awards & Accolades
Aquila is recognized as a leader in the tourism industry, and over the years, we have been honored with a variety of awards and accolades, including:
- Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2007
- Excellence in Human Resource Development, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2005
- Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Tourism Industry Association of Canada, 2005
- Outstanding Business of the Year Award, Finalist, Conseil économique du Nouveau-Brunswick, 2004
- Aboiteau Award for Innovation, Conseil économique du Nouveau-Brunswick, 2003
- Friend of the Industry Award, Hospitality Saint John, 2003
- Saint John Tour Guides Best in the World, Dream World Cruise Destination Magazine, nomination, 2003
- Tourism Operator of the Year Award, Hospitality Saint John, 2002
- Best Shore Excursion Award, Atlantic Canada Cruise Association, 2002
- Human Resources Development Award, Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick, 2001
- Rated among Atlantic Canada’s Fastest growing businesses, Atlantic Progress and New Brunswick Business magazines, 1999-2000
- Outstanding Business Achievement Award, Saint John Board of Trade, 1995
- Mary Morton Award, Ontario Motorcoach Association, 2006
- 25 People to Watch in Atlantic Canada, Progress Magazine, 2006
- Named Godmother and christened M.V. Acadian, Irving, 2005
- Pioneer Award, Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick, 2004
- Top 100 Most Powerful Women in Canada, Woman’s Executive Network and the Richard Ivey School of Business, 2003
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Finalist Atlantic Region, 2002
- Top 50 CEO in Atlantic Canada, Atlantic Business Magazine, 2002
- Women Entrepreneurship Award, Fundy Regional Development, 1991
Outstanding trip with Bev to Granite Town Farms, St. George, New Brunswick for a great wild blueberry education and tasting of many delicious goodies. If you can't make it there - but want to have tasty and unique gifts - you can't go wrong with their blueberry/lime salsa or their blueberry vinaigrette. Stock up! Google Granite Town Farms for more info. Bev made the entire trip educational and fun. Highly recommend this excursion.
A top excursion and the best guide ever. She was fantastic!!! We were entertained - and educated for the total trip.
We recently took the "Coastal Photography Tour" when we visited Saint John, NB. The tour was very relaxing, and extremely informative. We learned a lot and got to take some amazing photos in some very unique and scenic places. The tour guide, Cindy-Lee Campbell was very professional and quite entertaining as well. She shared a lot of stories mixed with some humour and then sprinkled in all kinds of interesting techniques to apply when taking photos. She was just wonderful!! Thank you for the tour and the hospitality.
Thanks Bonnie of Aquila Tours - Bay of Fundy Shore Excursions for a great, fun day... full of interesting facts and sights. We really enjoyed spending the day with ya! Especially the lobster roll! Such a beautiful place to visit! Enjoyed our time in your part of the world. Thanks for the hospitality!