Aquila’s Company Fact Sheet
Year Founded 1982
Beth Kelly Hatt CTP, Founder
Danielle Timmons, Partner
Melanie Colpitts, Partner
Scope of Services
- Aquila specializes in creating and sustaining tourism excellence. They do this by:
- Delivering excellence in shore excursions, as they are the preferred tour operator of cruise lines in Saint John, New Brunswick
- Coaching tour operators and destinations throughout the world through the Center for Cruise Excellence and their programs, which include Shore Excellence and Guide Excellence, and a new Tour Guide Excellence online program
- Offering consulting services within the Tourism Industry on Trade Excellence, and a wide variety of other topics
- Offering Voluntouring Programs for travellers to Travel with Purpose and make a difference in destinations around the world
- Chartering trolleys for conferences and events in Saint John, New Brunswick
Most Recent Awards and Accolades
- Finalist, Business of the Year Award, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Beth Kelly Hatt, Mary Morton Award from Ontario Motorcoach Association
- Beth Kelly Hatt, 25 People to Watch in Atlantic Canada, Progress Magazine
- Award for Excellence in Human Resource Development, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Port Award of the Year
For more on Aquila’s Awards and Accolades, click here.
Memberships and Accreditations
- Saint John Region Chamber of Commerce
- Hospitality Saint John
- Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick
- Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia
- Tourism Industry Association of Prince Edward Island
- Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador
- Florida Caribbean Cruise Association
- Atlantic Canada Cruise Association
Media and Public Relations Contact
Beth Kelly Hatt or Melanie Colpitts
Aquila Tours Inc
My husband and I took the Top 10 of Saint John. What a wonderful tour. Diane was the best tour guide we have had in years! Nothing better than seeing the sights and learning about the area from someone who loves the area so much. Thank you Diane!
Just wanted to say that we had a great trip and the tour from Aquila Tours was everything that it promised. Of course the main reason for excellence was the tour guide, Ian Patrick, one of the friendliest and most knowledgeable people we met on our cruise. Kudos to Ian!
Thank you for your hard work. ... last week we had some of the highest sales of any Carnival ship (1,861 tickets sold) without a single negative comment. You guys are doing a great job and it is a pleasure working with you.
Adam McEwan, Shore Excursion Manager, Carnival Victory
On Aquila’s role as tour operator for Carnival’s shore excursions in Saint John
Outstanding tour to St. Martins. Fay Neilson, our guide, was tremendous! Chowder is good, scenery is awesome (we saw a moose), local art is enticing. Bring a hand towel to wipe sandy feet, or beach shoes for walking on rocky beach. We had a great time and highly recommend. The bus ride to St. Martins is a major part of this tour, so small, toddler-aged children who might be impatient to move might not find this tour the best option for them. Everyone else will love it!