Aquila’s Company Fact Sheet
Year Founded 1982
Beth Kelly Hatt CTP, Founder
Danielle Timmons, Partner
Melanie Colpitts, Partner
Scope of Services
- Aquila specializes in creating and sustaining tourism excellence. They do this by:
- Delivering excellence in shore excursions, as they are the preferred tour operator of cruise lines in Saint John, New Brunswick
- Coaching tour operators and destinations throughout the world through the Center for Cruise Excellence and their programs, which include Shore Excellence and Guide Excellence, and a new Tour Guide Excellence online program
- Offering consulting services within the Tourism Industry on Trade Excellence, and a wide variety of other topics
- Offering Voluntouring Programs for travellers to Travel with Purpose and make a difference in destinations around the world
- Chartering trolleys for conferences and events in Saint John, New Brunswick
Most Recent Awards and Accolades
- Finalist, Business of the Year Award, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Beth Kelly Hatt, Mary Morton Award from Ontario Motorcoach Association
- Beth Kelly Hatt, 25 People to Watch in Atlantic Canada, Progress Magazine
- Award for Excellence in Human Resource Development, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
- Port Award of the Year
For more on Aquila’s Awards and Accolades, click here.
Memberships and Accreditations
- Saint John Region Chamber of Commerce
- Hospitality Saint John
- Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick
- Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia
- Tourism Industry Association of Prince Edward Island
- Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador
- Florida Caribbean Cruise Association
- Atlantic Canada Cruise Association
Media and Public Relations Contact
Beth Kelly Hatt or Melanie Colpitts
Aquila Tours Inc
We took the Hopewell Rocks Tidal Discovery Tour led by Sue Crawford. We had no idea what a treat we were in for. The ride out to the rocks was over two hours, but the time flew by as Sue pointed out all of the highlights and history of the area. She was well informed, enthusiastic and engaging. We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with her. We were fortunate to arrive at the rocks at low tide and had an excellent experience as Ranger Rick explained the phenomena of the 40 foot rise and fall of the tide as well as what we were looking at on the ocean floor. This experience was by far the highlight of our vacation.
Prior to this tour, I already had high expectations of Aquila … I don’t know HOW you did it - but you DID IT! You exceeded even my high expectations! Bravo to the whole team! Many, many thanks to you and your company for this extraordinary adventure.
Rose Poirier, New Brunswick Museum
On a Saint John Tour Program Aquila delivered for the New Brunswick Museum
We recently took the Top 10 Tour with Paula as our guide. She was absolutely fantastic! She was energetic, informative, and organized. Best of all, she was so nice and really gave the impression she loves both her job and the Saint John area. She kept everything moving smoothly and filled all the bus riding time with tons of information about the area. We would highly recommend both the tour and especially Paula to anyone!
Jennifer Feehan Peabody
Just wanted to say that we had a great trip and the tour from Aquila Tours was everything that it promised. Of course the main reason for excellence was the tour guide, Ian Patrick, one of the friendliest and most knowledgeable people we met on our cruise. Kudos to Ian!